Salzburg, Austria is famous for several reasons: 1. Birthplace and home of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the great composer - thus making Salzburg a great musical city. 2. Setting for the world famous film, "The Sound of Music" made in 1964. 3. Majestic baroque architecture 4. The famous candy - the Mozart Kugeln .....just to name a few.
A few sightseeing options which should not be missed while in Salzburg are as follows:
1. Mirabellegarten where part of "The Sound of Music" was filmed. A lovely manicured garden.
2. Mozart Square where you will find Mozart's birthplace, Getreidegasse, Pferdeschwemme, the Glockenspiel, the Residenz, as well as several churches and cafés. Also on display is Ludwig Schwanthaler's statue of the legendary composer, which was unveiled in 1842 with Mozart's sons in attendance.
3. Judengasse - A former Jewish ghetto now filled with wonderful shops, cultural event and cafes.
4. The Altermarket for architecture from long ago.
5. The Getreidegasse - the popular shopping district filled with shops, cafes and great restaurants.
Right now is a great time to book fall river cruises and many include stops in Salzburg, Austria. Don't miss out - call or email today for best cabin selections!